One of our favorite food blogs, 100 Day of Real Food has provided us with this healthy Pumpkin Muffin Recipe using a flour alternative, spelt. Her kids loved it! Our kids love it! We bet yours will too!
YIELD: 12 MUFFINS
- 1 1/2 cups whole spelt flour
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice blend
1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a muffin pan with liners and set aside.
- Using a whisk or fork mix together the flour, pumpkin spice, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Make a well (hole) in the center of the flour mixture and drop in the eggs, honey, and melted butter. Mix together until well combined. Fold in the pumpkin puree. Do not overmix.
- Pour the batter into the muffin pan so it’s evenly distributed. Bake until golden brown and a toothpick comes clean, about 18 – 20 minutes. Store at room temperature or freeze for a rainy day.